Shamrockfest 2017 will take place Saturday, March 11 at RFK Stadium. File Photo By: Anthony Washington
Plenty of beer, bands, & shenanigans are back for the 18th year of the Shamrockfest. In addition to a number of DJ’s and bands playing on multiple stages, you can expect carnival rides, party games, Irish dancers, bag pipers, extreme activities (ever ride a mechanical bull?), the hot kilted leg contest, and the always popular DJ Party Tent. There’s plenty to do at Shamrockfest.
Here are the details:
Date: March 11, 2017 | Location: RFK Stadium | Tickets: $29.99-$79.99
Lineup: Dropkick Murphys, House of Pain, Coolio, Carbon Leaf, Street Dogs, Go Go Gadjet, The Fighting Jamesons, The Narrowbacks, The Interrupters, Blood or whiskey, Jeff From Accounting, The Muckers, Bastard Bearded Irishmen, The Gobshites, Gaelic Mishap, DJ 2Nutz, Pat Premier, Rene, Clinton Matthews, Chris Styles, DJ Ri5e, DJ Bobby Hash, EPX, DJ Josh, DJ Big C, DJ Octane
General Schedule of Events:
- 2:00pm: Gates open to Main Event & VIP areas
- 2:15pm: Live music begins
- 7:00pm: Beer service ends in VIP area/VIP area closes
- 10:00pm: All entertainment and services end, all festival goers must exit the grounds * Please note, beer service in the Main Event areas will close prior to the festival closing.
Here’s what you need to know:
- ShamrockFest is open to all ages. However, 21+ to drink and to enter the VIP areas.
- Tickets are non-refundable
- Bags & purses are welcome, but they will be searched.
- Parking will be available at RFK Stadium for a fee. Cars will be $20/one parking spot. Buses and/or RVs will be $45 per vehicle. If you drive, you must park in the RFK parking lots; cars parked in the neighborhood will be ticketed and possibly towed.
- Look at this list of PROHIBITED ITEMS before you go.
- No outside food or beverage is permitted at ShamrockFest.
- Beer tickets are sold at the festival. 1 ticket= $10 ($10/beer) 3 tickets= $24 ($8/beer) 6 tickets = $45 ($7.50/beer)
- Gluten-Free beer will be available.
- Food and beer will be available throughout the festival at various tents, trucks, and stands. Most locations will accept credit cards and cash. Some traditional Irish food will be offered.
- Don’t feel like driving, take the ShamrockFest Rally bus to the festival.
- No tailgating.
Here are a few photos of Shamrockfest from previous years:
Wondering what other music festivals are coming up? Visit our List of Music Festivals In D.C., Maryland, and Northern Virginia page.