The top of the Emerson Bromo-Seltzer Tower in downtown Baltimore, MD.
Erected in 1911, the Emerson Bromo-Seltzer Tower stands 288.7 feet tall. The tower is named after its inventor, Captain Isaac E. Emerson. Inspired by the Palazzo Vecchio, which Emerson saw during a trip to Florence, Italy, in 1900, the base of the building originally was a factory. Today at the corner of Eutaw & Lombard Steets, the base of the building serves as a firehouse. The tower itself includes 33 artist studios managed by the Baltimore Office of Promotion and the Arts. What makes the building standout are the four clock faces that have the letters B-R-O-M-O S-E-L-T-Z-E-R around its border.
Photo By: Anthony Washington
Copyright © 2009 * All Rights Reserved *