In this July 2, 2009 photo, the sun sets over the Governor Thomas Johnson Bridge off of the coast of Solomons Island. Solomons Island was first called Bourne’s Island (1680), then Somervell’s Island (1740), before becoming known as Solomons Island in 1870. The island is a popular weekend destination for residents of Maryland and Washington, D.C.
Photo By: Anthony Washington
Copyright © 2009 * All Rights Reserved *